STORM Thailand!

Sawatee-Ka!That is a ladies Thai greating for Hello! Wow it was an amazing trip! Now, I know I own everyone big time on bloging. I am really sorry it took this long to write in. I will try to give you all a bit of My trip over the next two weeks; if you were expeecting it all now your crazy. Thats to much typeing!
So We took a 19 hr. flight to Thailand. Our first landing was in Bankock where we stayed one night before our moning flight to Chaing-Mai. We had our first cultural experiance riding to our hotel for the night...scary! If you think some Americans need to learn how to drive ...DON'T send them to Thailand!Who-ya..I think it would have been okay, if anyone would stay in there own lane! Because if you felt like driving between two roads with the yellow dashed lines beneth you, you do. We made it to the hotel and back to the airport in one piece. We flew into Chaing-Mai and were meet by the City Gate Church. They presented us with the warmest welcome and Jasmine necklasses...mmmumm.. I wish you could make scrach and sniff for the internet, there is nothing quite like freash Jasmine, except maybe the freash lemongrass we had in the jungle. We wanted to get right to work,but spent the first afternoon just getting to know some of the church and city. We whent to a buffet for 39 bahut-(thai curancy=42 bahut is one american dollar) all you can eat! Thai food has come a long way Sean and Anne (our host) told us, and it is GOOD! Afterwards we went back to our guest house, the boys desided to get it on plaing Basketball with John and the girls wanted to write a rap, but that did not go so well. We gave up with good reason. We visited Sean and Anne Sanborns, were Josh desided to fant from dehidration-don't worry he was fine, and then whent to "Tesco-Lotus" Thailands walmart. They had a great food court and I had din
ner for 60 bahut . Yummy again. Then we shoped a bit if you wanted to, and whent back to the house.
The next day the really work started. Yes! We had felt like we wasted the first day and jumped to do somthing. We had divotions and SOAP time and then took off. We worked cleaning, weeding, reparing sewar dranage, and planting at the City Gate Church. The guys started buliding the furnature for the preschool and did alot of braking down of garbage. The preschool is mostly built, but still had no furnishings or power. It was beautiful!. We worked as hard as we could, and they had to find more for us to do because we did so much. We had prayed that morning we could work with amazing speed and we did. It was so good to bless them! Following our work we returned to clean up ourselves. Then we had Church. Karisa spoke at the leadership meating, it was a disapontment to us. We felt like nothing made it through to the group. After the measage we tried to talk between the language barier, some students understude a little English. I had my first Thai fruit, Leachi. Which translates...YUMMY..Laugh! We played UNO with the Children for about and hour. IT was funny because they did not have the whole deck, just the draws, skips and wilds; also a couple of numbers. It was the game that never ends! I had brought my UNO with me so on our last day I purpasfuly "forgot" them at the church. I hope the Children have been enjoying there use.
After service we planed to go back to the house and sleep. Sean and Anne are such jewls, they invited us over to there air conditoned home for a movie and refreshments. We watched monk on DVD! It was fun. Then we whent to bed.
To be Contunied...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home